Service Desk Technician II - Nanaimo, BC
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize, and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
We are seeking a senior Service Desk Technician to serve as an escalation point for our IT front-line support staff and take primary responsibility in IT enterprise service fulfillment and delivery. This IT professional will be responsible for addressing complex issues, asset management, knowledge retention/management, and innovating methods of incident deflection. Some off-hour support in response to critical issues may be required. The goal of this position is to maintain a secure, resilient, and consistent environment while performing critical IT support services in the second tier of a three-tiered support structure.
- Engage directly and frequently with remote and local employees to troubleshoot complex IT issues and deliver superior IT Support Services for computer systems (software, hardware) and on-site equipment (printer, telecommunication devices, smartphones etc.).
- On-site support for video conferencing solutions and ensure proper functionality and/or configuration to meet employee needs.
- Remediate endpoint software and configuration issues, ensuring that endpoints remain successfully managed. Support server, network, and cloud platforms (Microsoft 365) while abiding to service level targets (SLA’s).
- Provide IT Onboarding orientation to new employees, fulfill onsite IT workspace requests.
- Manage on-site IT inventory. Maintain a high standard of data quality in an asset inventory platform (ServiceNow).
- Deploy and/or manage enterprise management tools and support solutions (Intune, JAMF, TeamViewer, etc.).
- Perform and monitor all endpoint patching activities for workstations, mobile devices, and other managed endpoint platforms.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc...
- Basic understanding of Windows Active Directory, experience using the remote tools, MCSE and other certifications a plus. A+, Network+ a plus.
- Experience in working on ServiceNow. Daily utilization of IT ticketing system for incident and request management.
- Participate in ITSM practices such as Incident and Problem.
- Observe and report on trending IT issues and potential areas of service improvement. Participate in knowledge management and creation of knowledge base articles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) are a must to maintain our customer 1st focus, document processes and to communicate effectively within the team. Good team player, work closely and collaborate with a team.
- College Diploma/University Degree in related field
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT Support setting
- Advanced understanding or experience in Intune, macOS, iOS, and Azure AD administration (JAMF and Kandji a plus)
- Understanding of network/server infrastructure and system identity access management
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- Previous experience in an ITIL Environment
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to [email protected]