We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for Inventory control and quality assurance department
- Supervise the ICQA functions and working of the warehouse workers.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the work of the ICQA staff.
- Manage shrink reporting of business
- Ensure all necessary locations are cycle counted at least once per quarter
- Ensure site maintains inventory disposition ticket compliance
- Ensure virtual inventory does not dwell in non-storage locations
- Ensure FC upholds QC inspection SLAs and process adherence
- Ensure site upholds Outbound overpack SLAs
Facilitate product-level incident reduction deep dives
- Facilitate incident reduction related pilots
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Supervise proper shift allocations and ensure efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Work effectively with other managers within a functional team and support new team members.
- Drive specific initiatives that have proven business results.
- Proactively think beyond the explicit assignment to ask second-order questions and identify additional analytic needs.
- Accurately, quickly, and clearly answer questions related to your area of focus.
- Be viewed as a credible company expert on your area of focus.
- Effectively prepare and run internal meetings with supporting analytics and data.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Wayfair, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate it and support it. Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System.
- Fluent user of the entire Microsoft Office suite ( Excel, PPT, Word, etc.) / Google products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc. ). Should be able to write / apprehend formulas in excel. Macros and VBA are preferred but not necessary.
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Strong motivational, effectual team building, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Preferred Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Management experience 1+ years.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].