We currently have a full-time opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support litigation. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for individuals to join our team who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment, and those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Perform LAA responsibilities from file opening to closing
- Review incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Schedule appointments, trial, examination for discoveries, IMEs and related calendar management
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated legal administrative assistant tasks
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in ICBC Plaintiff
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Strong working knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Has a high level of accuracy and proofreading
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the office manager Jasleen Johal.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person