Position: Sales Coordinator, Western Canada and Toronto
Supervisor: Director of Sales
Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience
Status: Permanent, Full-time of 37.50 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary based on professional experience, incentive plan and benefits
Flexible working mode: Remote
Start date: Immediately
Vancouver, British Columbia
Founded in 1982 by Jean-Paul de Lavison, JPdL has become one of the largest events and conference planning companies in Canada. Its expertise is based on three pillars of activity:
1) Management of corporate and association events and incentive trips for the Canadian market.
2) Design and management of incentive trips, seminars, learning expeditions and professional missions across Canada, adapted to the needs of European clients.
3) Design, management and logistics of conferences, congresses and symposiums at local, national and international levels.
WHAT SETS US APART
Our dynamic structure is continually adapting, meeting challenges and transforming itself to better meet today's context and requirements. The need to give meaning to our actions and the desire to get involved to make a difference! The desire to integrate sustainable development issues into our daily activities and to adopt specific eco-responsible actions for the exemplary management of all our events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Sales Manager(s) to assist the Sales team in achieving its goals and objectives
- Provide administrative and event sales coordination support for the sales team and the Director of Sales
- Develop relationships with clients, venues, and suppliers
- Compose and communicate creative, cost-effective, compelling and tailor-made proposals for clients within the required deadlines that set JPdL apart
- Edit and/or proof-read proposals written by other members of the team
- Assist in maintaining and growing relationships with key industry partners, including but not limited to: Tourism Toronto and Niagara representatives, local hotel sales representatives, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, vendors and other industry colleagues in the Toronto,Niagara and surrounding resort regionsEffectively negotiate supplier contracts, ensuring best possible prices and concessions
- Participate in client de-briefing (as appropriate)
- Maintain all client and proposal related information in our database (FileMaker)
- Continually research and develop new product ideas with descriptions and pricing
- Collaborate with the operations teams to ensure smooth file transfer and relevant information
- Assist in coordinating sales department initiatives such as familiarization trips, site inspections, tradeshows etc.
- Assist with marketing initiatives such as website management, eNewsletter, print material coordination, awards submissions and supporting JPdL’s presence on social media platforms.
- Maintain the highest level of business and personal integrity with clients, suppliers, industry and office colleagues, as well as JPdL’s reputation growth within the industry
- 1-3 years' experience in researching and planning proposals for dynamic incentive programs, meetings, and conferences of varying scope and complexity (including experience with large scale programs)
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: Hospitality & Tourism Management, Business, Marketing, and Communications, English, Journalism or Communications
- Project Management experience, CMP, DMCP designation an asset
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently
- Knowledge of Canadian venues and attractions
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 Suite (SharePoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and FileMaker
- Research and analytical skills
- Negotiation, communication, writing, and organization skills, detailed oriented.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A passion for continuous education on new product offerings including participation in supplier events and association networks
- Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
If you feel ready to join the JPdL team, we would love to meet you! Send us your curriculum vitae and a cover letter. Please indicate in the subject of the email: Sales Coordinator, Western Canada and Toronto.
Thank you for your interest in JPdL. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that the use of the masculine must be understood as neutral, having no other purpose than to lighten the presentation of the text.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Hospitality & Tourism management: 1 year (preferred)
- Business or Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- CMP, DMCP, or CITE certification (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-10-09