About the Role – Warehouse Manager
As the Silver Icing Warehouse Manager, you coordinate and oversee the activities of all warehouse team members. Ensuring the receiving of goods, organization of inventory and fulfillment of customer orders are done in an efficient, timely and orderly manner. In this role you will own daily planning and drive execution through each department while supporting the company wide initiatives. You will lead and support the warehouse team to achieve our operational goals and have fun doing it.
Our daily goal is to optimize efficiency, work as a unified team and provide a safe and positive environment so we can ensure we deliver an exceptional customer experience. The warehouse manager can be described as a bright and kind individual who is motivated by challenge and energized by developing and inspiring people.
As Warehouse Manager you oversee the following areas:
Inbound: Welcoming new inventory from our vendor partners into our operation. Ensuring shipments are accepted, counted, sorted, labeled, documented and stored in an organized fashion.
Receiving: Receive, tag, and stage all new inventory for deployment in the warehouse. This team is responsible for executing the daily receiving plan with a high level of accuracy while quickly getting new products moved into active inventory.
Support: Coordinating the movement of products throughout the warehouse(s). This includes new, in-stock, and returned inventory. The support team ensures the movement, storage and shelving of product is focused on supporting the needs for each team and the warehouse as a whole.
Picking/Packing: Organizing every aspect of the customer bound package process. Managing the flow of orders to optimize Echo days, Ship with, local pick up and direct shipments, with a focus on maximizing the number of shipments available each day. This includes picking the items, fulfilling the order types and packing them in a way that shows the love and attention we put into our customer experience.
Outbound: Focusing on the sorting and shipping of all packages by managing the different shipment programs daily: Echo, Ship With, Direct, US bound, and Local Pickup. Depending on shipment type, orders need to be filed, closed and shipped in a time efficient and organized manner. As the last step in our order process, the outbound team is focused on moving orders through as quickly as possible and ensuring that any orders available to ship will exit the building. Be the point of contact with Canada Post and Fedex when arranging Pickups, missed Pick Ups and supplies.
A summary of role includes, but is not limited to:
- Directly manage and inspire the warehouse team(s) to work together to achieve the overall goals of the company and do so in a way that creates a positive, enjoyable and collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the warehouse including the areas of Inbound, Receiving, Support, Picking/Packing, & Outbound.
- Daily collaboration with the Supply Chain team to develop the strategic plan for the warehouse and then execute the strategy by coordinating the activities.
- Print and status orders in order management system
- Collaborate with Warehouse Leads for scheduling
- Plan daily placement of team members in warehouse, with assigned duties based on current order volumes and product availability
- Consistently communicate and update the progress of the warehouse to the Supply Chain team.
- Coordinate work shifts including evening and weekend to ensure work flow is supported to reach our order goals.
- Work with Finance to develop a staff/warehouse budget and devise achievable and aspirational team targets.
- Continuously monitor warehouse financial metrics and manage the team size, number of hours and overtime in a way that optimizes the targeted cost per package.
- The financial metrics to be reviewed on a monthly basis are: o Direct labour costs as a % of sales
- Full time equivalent staff levels
- Overtime hours as a % of total hours
- Number of items, orders and shipments processed per direct labour hour
- Target cost to actual cost per item, order and shipment processed
- Monthly order % of completion rates.
- Liaise with Customer Experience and Buying Team for any order fulfillment issues
- Communicate with Support, Buying, Receiving, Management and Executive teams as needed
- Organize orientation and training to new warehouse associates
- Develop training program and organize improved processes
- Give user input to Development Team for released system tools
- Coordinate the handling of facility issues or needed repairs
- Appreciate the big picture and find ways the warehouse can make an impact.
- Ensure warehouse supplies are being ordered and managed in an efficient way.
- Handle Company and Employee confidential matters with tact, deference, and privacy in line with Human Resource guidelines
- Ensure an inspiring work environment by keeping the warehouse neat and organized.
- Achieve a consistent and fair working environment for all team members that inspires individuals to do work to quality work on a daily basis.
- Value respect and empower team members to be responsible for each of their roles.
- Lead our annual inventory planning and physical pre-count, recounts and final count.
- Pitch in where help is needed