We are Canada’s largest 100% Canadian-owned janitorial company. With over 20 offices across Canada, we have been providing expert building maintenance and complete janitorial services for over 50 years to a variety of clients.
Currently we have a fantastic career opportunity for a supervisor to join our team. As Supervisor you will work closely with employees, contractors, clients and Admin staff. In this position you will be overseeing employees and monitoring buildings to adhere to our highest possible standards. You must be willing to be hands on and work in a team environment. This successful candidate will possess strong communication skills (interaction with public) and pride themselves on their ability to work with cleaners and clients and adhere to our guidelines. Travel to surrounding areas 1-2 times a month, weather permitting.
Monday to Friday, shifts can range between 8 am to 4:30 pm and 12 pm to 8 pm, finish and start times can be task dependent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Janitorial inspections for various accounts
- Perform Health and Safety inspections
- Meet with clients and interact in a professional & courteous manner to maintain good relations and client satisfaction
- Hiring employees & entering information payroll
- Train employees and closely work with them
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Retain knowledge of cleaning systems, chemicals and equipment
- Willing to travel in the surrounding areas
- Communicate deficiencies with employees and subcontractors
- Office duties include data entry and submission of documents to correct departments
- Support the team to reach common goals and continue to grow team
- Willing to train on basic floor machines
- Physical aptitude to effectively move items up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other job duties as required /requested by Management.
- Successful applicants will have to undergo the necessary background checks and clearances which all costs are covered by Bee Clean
- Relevant janitorial experience considered an asset
- Flexible with hours during week days
- Strong computer skills
- Exhibit strong work ethic and be adaptable and accountable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Great organization and possess a keen eye for detail
- Works well under pressure multi- tasking and able to prioritize
- Take initiative and assist when needed and exhibit team work skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean drivers abstracts
- A confident and capable driver to do longer road distances as needed
What we offer
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Supportive work environment
- Excellent opportunities for advancement and development
- Company phone and computer
- Benefits after 3 months of employment
- Company vehicle provided (used only during the course of business)
Please apply to this posting with your resume. We thank all applicants for their submission but only those under consideration will be contacted for a one-on-one interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Work from home
- Do you live in Nelson or the immediate surrounding areas?
Work Location: On the road