Six by the Sea is a collection of six historic buildings in iconic Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia that have been lovingly restored to house East Coast inspired businesses and cultural experiences. Three buildings will be used to operate for-profit retail and food & beverage operations while two will be used to support the not-for-profit activities of the Peggy’s Cove Centre for Arts and Culture (“PCCAC”). The official opening for Six by the Sea is planned for Spring 2024.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager that has a food and beverage background including working knowledge of inventory management systems. The Operations Manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices as well as coordinate and oversee our organization's operations. The specific duties of an Operation Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
The ideal candidate will also be nimble, hardworking, proactive, work well with a small team, and be able to make decisions. The role requires outstanding organizational, communication, and leadership skills. The Operations Manager will work closely with a small team to execute the vision and strategy of the group.
This role is ideal for well organized, accurate and efficient individual with strong communication skills, proven relationship building abilities.
- Assisting with menu planning and costing
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations forecasts and budgets for the operations of the two food outlets and overall operation dept.
- Reporting of weekly and monthly revenue generation and departmental goals to the Director of Ops.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all safety and sanitation regulations
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all permit requirements and keep up to date on relevant legislation
- Leading the team
- Working with HR on recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and terminating service staff
- Responsible for submitting payment to accounting and Director of Operations.
- Schedule and training of employees to execute of events, art shows etc.
- Be involved and attentive to special events through the season.
- Coordinating general repairs and upkeep of the property, including:General groundskeeping (incl. lawn care),Snow removal,Water/septic systems,Garbage/recycling,General maintenance,Propane monitoring /ordering,Building cleaning.
- Assist with develop and implement policy/procedures of department.
- Responsible for annual renewals.
- Review and approve invoices.
- Work collaboratively with the team.
- Other ad hoc items, as needed.
- Completion of university degree or college diploma or equivalent in related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in hospitality, food service management, business or other related industry is an asset.
- Food Safety Manager Certified, Serve Right Manager Certified, up to date WHIMIS, First Aid and CPR training (or willingness to get this training on own).
- Positive attitude along with ability to self-motivate, work independently, and contribute to the positive culture of the team.
- In-depth knowledge of the food industry.
- Strong working knowledge of related computer software, including restaurant management software.
- Ability to adhere to budgets and meet financial targets.
- Ability to forecast food and beverage needs.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, email or in person.
- Strong abilities to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Flexible availability required (day, evening, weekend).
- Valid driver's licence, ability to drive to and from Peggy’s Cove area.
- Lead by example
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Solutions oriented
- Team player
Computer and technology knowledge
- Google Docs
- Database software
- MS Office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Secondary School (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Peggys Cove, NS B3Z 3S2 (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Peggys Cove, NS B3Z 3S2
Expected start date: 2023-09-13