It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
DuBois Chemicals Canada is looking for a high performing Territory Manager who will build upon and maintain existing customer relationships within our established Southwest Ontario (Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, London, etc.) area customer base. The ideal Territory Manager will equally be responsible for growing the territory by building and maintaining an active new sales funnel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Comply with and support all company values, policies, rules, environmental and safety regulations in the performance of all related jobs.
- Visit end-user sites to promote, apply and troubleshoot products.
- Take an analytical approach to satisfying customer requirements and troubleshooting in the sales approach and/or the preparation of presentations and reports.
- Use all of the technology provided to make the sales effort efficient and effective:
- Contact manager software* E-mail
- Word processing software* Voice mail
- Spreadsheet software* Notebook computers
- Other equipment and software as required * Smart phone
- Produce and submit to supervisor (weekly) reports on sales activity, prospects, problems and competition.
- Develop and report Annual Sales Plan (AOP) forecasts.
- Prepare and present an Annual Strategic Plan as well as execute planned strategy.
- Explain actual sales results; explain variances of actual sales results vs. planned results.
- Summarize and report travel and entertainment expenses promptly monthly.
- Comply with the requests for technical information (required from the customer base) for our Technical Services Department in order to establish or improve product performance.
- Conduct product training, when required, to end-users, distributors, fellow employees.
- Attentive, committed and professional when attending training. The investment in training is a principle valued highly by this organization and it is expected of each employee to make every effort possible to acquire, retain, and use the information learned.
- Maintain a “home office” which will be the base of operations for the employee’s day-to-day operations. Maintain a neat and professional appearance including appropriate business attire and clean personal grooming habits.
- A company-supplied vehicle will be used (from time-to-time) to transport end-users, distributors or DuBois employees and as such it is a direct reflection on the professionalism of DuBois Canada. This vehicle must be maintained in a neat and clean fashion at all times.
- Contribute to a teamwork environment within the group to facilitate the exchange of information, work methods and the continuous improvement of workplace quality, skill development, operating cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as may be assigned in the future.
- This position will require travel, and overnight stays away from home.
- Diploma of College Studies with equivalent industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Work efficiently in an unsupervised environment.
- Prior experience in selling water treatment (boiler, cooling tower, and wastewater) and/or industrial products would be desirable.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Punctual, accurate and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills, including MS Windows, MS Office and any other software deemed necessary to carry out duties
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Maintain a current, valid driver’s license
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary, Commissions, & Benefit Package
- RRSP Plan including company matching program
- Company provided vehicle, cell phone and computer
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,293.35-$129,310.13 per year
Work Location: Remote