gravitypope is an independent, Canadian owned, fashion retailer with an extensive array of carefully chosen, unique and handcrafted collections of footwear, clothing and accessories gathered from around the world. The first location opened in 1990 and after 30 years, we pride ourselves on being a respected world-renowned fashion retailer with street locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto as well as online at gravitypope.com. Each location is visually unique with an apparent appreciation for art, furniture and interior aesthetic. gravitypope is an equal opportunity employer, where everyone has the chance to provide feedback and ideas across departments. We offer a variety of competitive benefits including medical coverage and a generous employee discount. If this sounds like the type of culture you thrive in, we invite you to apply to join our diverse, tight-knit team of independent, creative and passionate people.
The Vancouver Support Office/Warehouse
After successfully opening our first Vancouver location in 2005 in Kitsilano, gravitypope quickly became a popular destination for shoe shoppers. In 2007 gravitypope expanded and opened a clothing store next door to the footwear location that has flourished into a Vancouver fashion haven. Then in 2021, gravitypope’s second footwear location in Vancouver opened in Gastown. The company has a Vancouver support office with warehousing to facilitate stock movement throughout our retail and ecommerce business. Our Warehouse and Support Office is conveniently located a few blocks from Main St and East Broadway. It resides in the heart of Mt. Pleasant, surrounded by cafes, restaurants, and shops; is walking distance from Olympic Village, and steps away from Jonathan Rogers Park.
The Role – Shipping & Receiving Associate
We are looking for the right individual to fill the instrumental role of Full Time Shipping & Receiving Associate. The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory and facilitating timely movement of goods in and out of the warehouse. They also assist with order fulfillment for our Ecommerce and Retail Store teams by picking, confirming, packing and shipping order
- Load, unload, sort, and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment
- Compare shipment contents with records to verify accuracy, perform spot checks of goods received to determine quality and identify description errors
- Pick, clean and pack online orders as required
- Pick and transfer product to retail stores as per customer requests
- Ticket and distribute product in a timely manner
- Efficiently condense product in the stock room to maximize space
- Ensure accurate inventory records and documentation through provided company resources
- Document any damaged shipments and report lost cartons or shipments
- Complete time sensitive tasks such as Return Authorizations or Re-tickets
- Maintain safe working conditions and keep shipping area and aisles clean, free of debris, and organized
- Additional duties as per job requirements
- 1 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent organizational skills, high levels of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to problem solve
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and stay focused
- Maximize productivity with minimum supervision
- Positive attitude
- Good interpersonal communication
- Basic POS and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Shopify and Smartsheets an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
gravitypope offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive employer-subsidized benefits package, a generous employee discount package, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
gravitypope wants all of their employees to be valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work. We are committed to building a solid environment that supports inclusivity and diversity. This means we will not discriminate against anyone regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship or any other aspect which makes someone unique.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume on indeed or at www.gravitypope.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person