Position: Wellness Coordinator
Location: Conestoga College – Doon Campus and Waterloo Campus (travel to other campuses and work locations as required)
Reports to: Wellness Manager
Time Requirement: 35 hours per week
(some evenings and weekends may be required on occasion)
Pay Band (upon hire): $45,500 to $53,500
The Wellness Coordinator is responsible for the provision of CSI’s wellness services and wellness programming, including (but not limited to) administration of the Wellness Office, practitioner services, student health plan, and the Student Nutrition Access Program (SNAP). This is accomplished through ensuring inventory, staffing, and quality are sufficient to meet the current needs of students.
The Wellness Coordinator also provides supervision and direction to part-time and contract staff in the provision of Wellness services and programming. In carrying out supervisory responsibilities, the Wellness Coordinator must cultivate and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment in which the variety of participants’ backgrounds, experiences, places of origin, racial/ethnic identities, sexual identities, gender, ages, and more are heard, respected, and valued by everyone.
In carrying out the duties of this position, a great deal of autonomy is exercised with final overview by the Wellness Manager. It is also important that the Wellness Coordinator works extremely closely with the Wellness Manager to ensure that they are up to date on the basic overall operations of the Wellness department. In all activities, it is crucial that the Wellness Coordinator recognizes that service to students is a top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervision of Staff
- Provide direct day-to-day supervision of part-time and/or contract staff, including (but not limited to) Wellness Associates and Wellness Leaders
- Supervision includes motivating staff, conducting performance reviews, managing performance, and disciplining when needed in conjunction with the Wellness Manager and Human Resources (HR) department
- Oversee and monitor the work outputs of staff members to ensure a high standard of customer service is being provided at all times
- Assist in recruiting and selecting qualified candidates for part-time, contract, and practitioner positions for new or vacant positions within the Wellness department in conjunction with the Wellness Manager
- Create and conduct job-specific training for all Wellness staff, ensuring all legislated training and other necessary training are completed before working first shift on the job
- Ensure all employee documents are accurate and submitted to HR
- Create and monitor weekly work schedules for Wellness staff
- Review and approve bi-weekly part-time employee timesheets and submit to the HR department
- Plan and schedule regular staff meetings in conjunction with other department supervisors
- Oversee CSI’s Wellness Office operations, practitioner services, the Student Nutrition Access Program (SNAP), and other services and programming to ensure that they are consistent, high-performing, and aligned with the established budget
- Provide administrative support and guidance to Wellness practitioners, such as Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, and Chiropractor
- Create new client files and ensure appropriate paperwork is completed properly for all Wellness clients
- Ensure the Wellness Office and other service areas are maintained, clean, accessible, and in good working order at all times
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office and wellness supplies
- Research and implement continuous improvements to CSI’s Wellness services and programming (such as new products and services) to ensure operations meet the needs of students as per the service plan
- Assist with projects outlined within the Strategic Plan that are based on the BOD ends and Management interpretation
- Cover the Wellness Office front desk as needed and/or in the absence of Wellness Associates or Wellness Leaders
- Respond to student and staff inquiries when required in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Wellness Manager to report the status of CSI’s wellness operations.
- Prepare usage reports, inventory, service counts, etc. for the Wellness Manager
- Complete sales and direct deposit report daily for review by Finance department
- When required, process payments using the POS system and debit/credit card machine
- Collect feedback from student users to ensure that CSI continues to meet the current needs of students (this may be carried out through execution of initiatives determined by the Feedback Committee)
Health Plan Management
- Maintain contact with CSI’s student health plan provider to troubleshoot day-to-day issues encountered with clientele
- Input health plan enrollment forms into database when required
- Process payments and invoices for the student health plan
- Collect and submit claim forms for submission to the plan provider
- Verify student enrollment and data accuracy through the College’s Student Information System, troubleshooting data when necessary
Marketing and Communications
- Plan and execute an annual marketing and communications plan for the Wellness department in conjunction with the Marketing department and the Sr. Manager, Services
- Complete presentations for various stakeholders, including college faculty, staff and students at orientation or where required
- Ensure marketing and sales goals/targets are met
Other General Duties
- Work in accordance with corporate by-laws, policies, and procedures, particularly to the CSI Mission Statement
- Adhere strictly to health & safety laws, policies, and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality for business practices
- Work in an organized manner where detail, accuracy and confidentiality are critical
- Mandatory attendance at CSI related training days
This position spends long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. Lifting of supplies and materials up to 30lbs is required from time to time.
This position performs work primarily in a busy, open area office and is faced with frequent interruptions and meetings with others on a regular basis. Travel between campuses and performance of work from home is required as needed. Some work may be required after office hours and on weekends.
This position requires long periods of intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend long hours on the computer entering information which requires visual focus, attention to detail, and high levels of accuracy.
This position is expected to manage and meet multiple competing deadlines, which can cause significant stress. The incumbent also deals with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Experience with and deep understanding of best practices in customer service
- Experience and education in a health office setting are preferred
- Foundational understanding of health insurance processes and related terminology
- Ability to read and comprehend legislation related to health & safety and accessibility
- Ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe PDF
- Ability to write emails and documents in a formal tone
- Accurate data entry with ability to screen for transcription errors
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, especially with practitioners in the health services field
- Ability to speak to large groups of students
- Ability to address and resolve staff performance issues while considering the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Highly organized and skilled time management in handling multiple simultaneous priorities
- Cultural competence and a strong understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Preference will be given to those who have a deep knowledge of the experience of international students
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the company website and apply through Bamboo HR at https://conestogac.bamboohr.com/jobs/, providing the following application materials.
- A resume, letter, or audio/video recording that provides the following information:
- Why you are interested in this position
- What skills and/or experiences you have that you feel would enhance your performance in this position
Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion
Conestoga Students Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination. To better reflect the diverse community in which we operate, CSI is also committed to ensuring that at least 30% of candidates interviewed are people who identify with a racialized group.
If you anticipate any need for accommodations in the process of applying, interviewing, or working, please feel free to let us know at [email protected] as soon as possible and at any time so that we are most equipped to provide a barrier-free experience.