Childcare Volunteers- Virtual
“My attempts to make a positive difference in the lives of mothers and their families, during these difficult times, are intended as a gift to them, but the reality is that I get back as much as I give.”
Imagine a world where every family with cancer receives the care needed for their children – so they have enough time to care for themselves. Now, also imagine a world where every child receives the support they need to cope with their parent’s illness or death.
Nankind (Formerly, Nanny Angel Network) offers rewarding volunteer positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Virtual Angels provide supportive cancer care, by engaging children every week in homework-aid, educational and emotional support (Homework Club) ORage-appropriate 8 activities that are being delivered for free monthly to the volunteers and families (Fun In A Box) to help children navigate the changes that come with a cancer diagnosis and healthily address their emotions.
Nankind volunteers receive specialized training including grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
Make a Difference in a child's life, Become a Volunteer Angel!
How can you help?
- Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
- 2 hours of childcare virtual service per week to the same family.
- Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a parent’s cancer treatment and recovery.
How to apply
- Please apply by visiting https://nankind.com/volunteer/become-a-volunteer-angel/
- Select: "BE A HOMEWORK ANGEL OR "BE AN ACTIVITY ANGEL and review the requirements.
- Create an MY IMPACT ACCOUNT and complete the application.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: Remote