Posting #: P-2324-0451Position #: 5160PLANNING, PROGRAMMING AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1565)
SURVEILLANCE, EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND COMMUNICATION (SERC)
KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER AND EXCHANGE (KTE)
General Management – Public Health – SERC (676377)
2-Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
Min. (1) 27.08 $ – Max. (18) 47.98 $
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs with a view to providing professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in various teaching or training activities.
Supports multiple programs, projects, or campaigns with a view to providing professional assistance for the development and implementation of public health interventions. She/he conducts and supports knowledge transfer and exchange (KTE) activities that are necessary by identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he supports other PPROs in developing KTE plans in order to ensure adequate intervention planning and delivery. She/he provides public health and knowledge transfer advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or interventions. Carries out any other function at the request of the supervisor.
The PPRO conducts public health activities that are necessary for supporting the planning, implementation and follow-up of public health programs and activities by:
- Defining the scope of assigned projects, elaborating goals and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders from CBHSSJB and partner organizations if required;
- Supporting, designing and proposing KTE plans in collaboration with other PPROs in order to ensure adequate service and program planning including identifying and assessing needs and resources for project success (timeline and resources, logic models, etc.);
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure cultural safety in KTE strategies and delivery;
- Developing comprehensive project plans in collaboration with other PPROs and in accordance with best scientific practice of public health;
- Overseeing successful delivery of assigned project and program across diverse channels and according to the target population;
- Delivering progress reports, proposals, required documentation and presentations to project team regarding KTE project activities;
- Identifying and supporting the resolution of issues and conflicts that may arise throughout their assigned projects;
- Evaluating impact and reach in promoting the project, program or campaign;
- Supporting knowledge mobilization to maximize positive impacts of projects, program, and campaigns.
The PPRO SERC works collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team with the following areas of focus:
- Supporting the development of health portraits of the population and communicating public health issues based on evidence;
- Supporting the dissemination of health promotion and prevention activities, and broader public health interventions through knowledge exchange and translation activities;
- Representing CBHSSJB in internal committee work as well as external collaborative forums, liaising with universities, community partners, and/or in provincial or federal meetings as needed.
- Bachelor of arts or science, with specialization in health, social services or a related field;
- Masters degree in public health is an asset;
- Global health or knowledge exchange studies an asset.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in KTE related to public health;
- Demonstrated experience in Indigenous communities.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MSSS legislation, regulations, the Ministry network and programs, and current trends;
- Good knowledge of and experience with community health interventions, prevention and promotion related approaches and methods;
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in program planning and evaluation;
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in support to planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and improving quality of existing programs through KTE activities;
- Good knowledge of knowledge dissemination channels in Indigenous context;
- Knowledge of First Nation health and social service models, trends and issues is an asset
- Familiarity and experience employing OCAP principles is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nations northern communities’ health and social life;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programming, evaluation and communication strategies;
- Ability to provide trainings;
- Experience in meeting facilitation and project management is an asset;
- Training in non-violent communication, active listening, and conflict resolution is an asset;
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE:
Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions. Email us [email protected]
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.
Job Types: Casual, Full-time
Salary: $27.08-$47.98 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-10-05