WINNIPEG , MB
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on
nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Procurement Operations Manager, responsible for the overall supervision, and operational
performance of a procurement group. You will also provide expertise on supply chain related issues, enhance relationships with key
suppliers and contribute to the development and attainment of the business plan goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and training & development to ensure effective, economical and timely procurement including project
procurement within corporate policy, guidelines and supply chain procedures.
- Provide on-going communication, coaching, support and feedback on individual and group work performance, offer
professional procurement and supply chain related solutions to staff and internal customers at all management levels.
- Responsible for managing a variety of formal complex work assignments.
- Provide leadership in strategic procurement planning both at a project and corporate level.
- Develop strategic supplier relations in critical markets ensuring tendering practices and processes are aligned with current
- Establish and maintain professional business communications and enhance relationships with key suppliers, utilities and
associations external to the Corporation.
- Review and authorize purchase orders, recommendations, and other supporting activities in accordance with delegated
- Participate in the review, monitoring, development and implementation of purchasing policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in the development of Department and Supply Chain Management short and long term strategic objectives
- Assume the responsibilities of other supervisors or the Manager during absences and promote positive actions that enhance
the operations of a service group.
Represent the Procurement Operations Department on various internal and external committees and teams as required.
"Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be
an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities."
- Four year degree from a recognized university plus a minimum of five years of progressively responsible and directly related
experience in procurement.
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY