Job Title: Fulfilment / Warehouse Assistant
Last Updated: Aug/2022
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Fulfilment/ Warehouse Assistant is an MPM position and the role reports into the Warehouse Manager. This position will help with all DTC Fulfillment functionality and will work with the warehouse manager on all functionality of the warehouse. Fulfilment/ Warehouse assistant will report directly into the Warehouse Manager or indirectly through the Operations Manager. This position requires 40 hours per week with a determined schedule based on shift requirements.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistant for all daily functionality for Warehouse Manager.
- When an inventory count is asked for, will ensure to help Warehouse manager conduct count in a timely and correct fashion.
- Will update warehouse manager in a timely fashion with any product issues or concerns.
- Will ensure all products are received into warehouse are counted/ signed off on and placed in the prospective area.
- Will ensure all counted packing slips are put in received bin.
- Will inform warehouse manager with any and or all shipping issues.
- Will have open and transparent communication with warehouse manager.
- Will ensure to inform warehouse manager of ALL broken, damaged, and expired product.
- Quarterly Box Season, will help Team Leads prep products to build boxes and addons (this will include and not limited to moving and bringing down pallets off racking), will help team to build boxes.
- Boxes are packed as 3PL (Client) has asked, correct products are packed in boxes, no expired products are in box.
- Communication is open and done in a timely fashion.
- Ensures to follow up with the warehouse manager of tasks/ projects for the day.
- Will ensure to help will fulfillment for all 3pls.
- Will close warehouse and ensure all shipments have been picked up by all carriers.
- Will ensure general tidiness and 5S of warehouse.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Warehouse Occupational Health and Safety knowledge an asset.
- Basic word, excel, teams and outlook.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations, supply chain and logistics an asset.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Passionate about the environment, sustainable living, and eradication of plastic in households.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high paced work environment including prioritizing work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to articulate clear direction and influence others.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office and business communications platforms such as Teams.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to problem solve and develop effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ethical and professional behavior, including confidentiality.
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the intellectual curiosity and personal drive.
- The ability to work alone as well on a team.
5 Main Accountabilities
- Warehouse assistant and Fulfillment of DTC Orders and following applicable SOP’s
- Collaborate with Warehouse manager and Operations Manager to control inventory
- Will follow policies for warehouse organization, maintenance and 5S.
- Assume fulfillment/ warehouse assistant role and collaborate with Warehouse Manager for Quarterly Sub Box build and fulfillment.
- Work in a safe and healthy manner as defined in the Health and Safety Manual
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50-$21.57 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Moody, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-21