Summary of Position:
To guide children enrolled in the program in all areas of development, under the direction of the Supervisor and in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Plan and implement ingenious culture led activities that are stimulating and appropriate to the needs and ages of the children.
- Actively teach and observe children in both group settings and on an individual basis.
- Assume the responsibly of the health and safety of all children.
- Assume responsibility for the appearance, décor, and learning environment of the child care centre.
- Communicate with all staff and the Supervisor on a regular basis.
- As required, implement programs for children with special needs.
- Attend meetings, workshops and seminars as requested by the Supervisor.
- The above duties reflect the tasks considered necessary to the performance of the job, it is not a detailed description of all the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Diploma, or A.E.C.E.O equivalency.
- Current member of the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history.
- Knowledge of relevant acts (CCEYA & OHSA).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Valid CPR/First Aid Level C Certification.
- Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Access to the use of a personal vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Work Location: In person