Sunbelt Rentals – the fastest growing rental business in Canada– is seeking an Equipment Associate– You!
The Equipment Associate is responsible for the stationing and retrieving equipment on the location's property. The role maintains a written maintenance schedule and may service equipment as necessary to ensure equipment meets all set specifications. The Equipment Associate also inspects equipment prior to and after rental to document any lost and/or damaged equipment. Our double-digit growth and internal promotion rate mean we are constantly looking to add top performers to our team. Our double-digit growth and internal promotion rate mean we are constantly looking to add top performers to our team.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with common construction and industrial tools preferred
- Some experience and/or training in repair of mechanical equipment preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (written and oral)
- Ability to perform basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- General mechanical aptitude
- safety-focus mindset
We Take Care of Our People - join our team now, you will be able to
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced environment where no day is the same
- Enjoy competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Prescription coverage, dental care, vision care, short & long-term disability coverage
- Safety boots reimburse program
- Develop new skills for a career track in service of operation management
- We promote from within, you can explore your career opportunities to advance into a sales representative, operational/service managers or mechanic position.
- Experience high employee fulfillment with our support and empowerment
- Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-driven culture
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodation may be made to comply with applicable laws.
If you have done any of the following roles, we’d love to hear from you: Porter Hostler, Yard Hand, Yard Jockey, Yard Spotter, Entry Level Mechanic, Mechanic Trainee, Construction Laborer, Washbay Attendant, Equipment Washer, Forklift Driver, Warehouse Worker
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals a proud supporter of military families and an equal opportunity employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities are welcome to apply. WEST20
Gear up for an exciting career!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person