The name Meridian Meats & Seafood was chosen for our store’s location, situated at an intersection on Coast Meridian Road. The shop grew to become well known in the community as a place to find high quality meats and experience genuine friendly service.
30 years later, our business has grown and our family has grown along with it. We now have Meridian Meats butcher shops in Port Coquitlam, Langley and White Rock, and Meridian Farm Markets in Tsawwassen, North Van, Maple Ridge, Mission & Ralph's and soon to be opening another in Abbotsford. Our farm markets offer a wide variety of fresh produce along with an artisan deli, breads baked in-house, and a wide range of natural foods in a unique country-style farm market setting.
Join our growing local family business! We have recently added a fulfillment warehouse which include home deliveries. We’ll support your growth and connection with a fun team and provide opportunities for advancement. Our Meat Cutters are professionals and experts in their craft. They take pride in giving customers with the best possible experience providing quality hand crafted meats for their meals. We are seeking Warehouse Associates that can work at our Meat Packing Facility. Pay rate is $18 - $26 per hour depending upon experience.
Job PERKS and Other Good Stuff!
- 30% Store Discount
- Health Benefits
- Sick Pay
- Bi-annual raises
- Opportunities for growth through continuous training
- Opportunities for career advancement
What Your Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with product packaging
- Work along side your team to keep the facility and equipment clean and organized.
- Assisting with value added products such as rolled, stuffed and marinated meats, and fresh artisan sausages
- Assisting with production and daily batch preparations
- You have a positive attitude
- You are reliable and self motivated
- You are a team player
- Experience in retail meat cutting
NOTE FOR APPRENTICE MEAT CUTTERS: No experience is necessary, only a positive attitude and willingness to learn. A company sponsored ITA apprenticeship and all professional training will be provided.
- Continuous standing/walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands
- Working in refrigerated environment of 10 degrees Celsius.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 10 kg, reaching below shoulder level, bending and turning
Job Types: Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V3Z 0Y6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have any warehouse processing experience?
Work Location: In person