We are currently seeking a qualified Health & Safety Officer. This position is a multi-faceted opportunity for the right candidate who will focus on the health, safety, and wellness of the team.
- Develops tools, resources, systems, and operating procedures.
- Play a key role in supporting the ongoing development of health, safety, and environmental management systems.
- Provides advice and guidance to managers in return to work, health and safety, and environmental issues.
- Works with employees, managers, WSIB, and related health professionals to implement strategies to ensure a safe and timely return to work.
- Maintains a high level of visibility and an approachable image to ensure employee engagement.
- Conduct safety orientations for all new and transferred employees.
- Translating business strategies to comply with health and safety protocols.
- Determining that each department is following regulations.
- Providing leadership to employees and management on health and safety strategy.
- Track and update issues on health, safety, and environmental actions plans.
- Facilitate safety meetings as required to provide support to the Joint Health and Safety Committee and company or departmental safety meetings.
- Manage WSIB claims and the transitional work program.
- Track and report Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs as required.
- Identify ongoing health and safety training needs.
- Provide ongoing administration of employee health and safety training and Stayin’ Alive health and safety and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Planview Policies and Procedures.
- Provides active support for Planview’s Sustainability program.
- Ability to generate professional-level reports on various HS&E topics.
- Facilitate customer safety audits.
- Oversee subcontractor compliance.
- Monitor, amend and update the organization’s Health and Safety Handbook.
- Manage the occupational health and safety budget.
- Arrange, participate in, and ensure proper documentation of mock emergency drills as per legislation and corporate protocols.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Health and safety from an accredited College or University
- CRSP/CHSC Designation (or working towards)
- NCSO designation an asset.
- Certified COR internal auditor an asset.
- Knowledge of the OH&S Act & Regulations for Construction projects, Human Rights Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and other legislation as it relates to construction projects i.e.; Canadian Standards, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively plan and manage subordinates and resolve conflict in a positive and constructive manner.
- Experience with disability management, accident investigation, workplace inspections, and job hazard analyses.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and records.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Service and team-orientated leader.
Planview Utility Services has 3 offices – Markham, London and Ottawa. Our clients and their projects are based throughout the province. This position with be reporting out of our Markham office.
Thank you for considering a career with Planview Utility Services LTD. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Planview Utility Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Planview Utility Services Ltd will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Health and Safety Management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in MARKHAM, ON