Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we're always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
A Warehouse Associate plays a key role in achieving business objectives by performing the job duties of Shipper/Receiver and WIP to facilitate the movement of ingredients or goods to ensure maximum efficiencies and workflow to best support our production demands. Our Warehouse Associates work as part of a production warehouse team to organize and process our inventory with extreme accuracy to meet quality standards while minimizing waste. Warehouse Associates are able to competently perform the duties of Shipper/Receiver and WIP Associate as assigned by the Plant Manager. Each Warehouse Associate will have a primary focus of responsibilities (WIP or Shipper/Receiver) and will back-up the other functions in the Warehouse to work as a high functioning team.
All Warehouse Associates will ensure job duties are carried out in accordance with internal and external standards and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and SQF requirements along with Work Safe BC standards.
Shift Time: 3pm-11:30pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform physical inventory counts daily and ensure the WIP Cooler inventory file is kept current
- Complete all requests in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service to the Production Control Manager
- Verify correct product is staged for production requirements in advance of each shift
- Ensure FIFO (First In, First Out) inventory system to organize the packaging area with product with the oldest date code
- Continuously organize and arrange inventory rows to be efficiently organized by product type and re-validate inventory
- Coordinate flow of hoops from the cook room to make space in WIP inventory as each batch is finished
- Organize and manage all requests made by R&D and QA for: On Hold product, Rejected product and Product for donation
- Minimize waste and maintain a clean working environment
- Accurately complete Shipper/Receiver duties as required by business demands
- May be assigned to other duties as required
- Receive all inbound materials according to established receiving procedures
- Complete all requests in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service to the Senior Buyer
- Ensure materials are stored in appropriate, logical or designated locations
- Maintain and handle materials in a safe, organized and efficient manner in keeping with the company's regulatory policies and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety policy, including managing, segregating, and/or disposing of non-conforming materials
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging are picked and staged in a timely manner according to production needs
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips or related documents
- Unpack, document and route goods to appropriate area
- Ensure all ERP transactions (receiving and movements of materials) happen accurately and promptly
- Perform cycle counts and periodic full inventory counts to maintain inventory accuracy in the ERP system
- Assist Material Handling Supervisor in researching inventory variances
- Continuously improve material handling process
- Minimize waste and maintain a clean working environment
- Pick and pack Finished Goods (FG) and ship in priority order in an "on time" consistent basis
- Complete all requests in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service to the Logistics Manager
- Communicate order fulfillment issues in a timely manner to all affected parties
- Warp and store pallets as required. Finalize orders and print packing slips for shipment
- Prepare all related documents, weigh bills, FDA for samples and other shipping documentation as required
- Adhere to QA shipping requirements by ensuring temperature of trucks and logging information
- Prepare marketing and sales food shipments and paperwork for Federal Express
- Primary contact with all freight and courier suppliers
- Accurately complete WIP duties as required by business demands
- other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have Fork Lift Certification
- Must have Driver's License
- Experience in packaging and/or a manufacturing environment required
- Proficient computer experience with Syspro and Excel
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; must be proficient in math
- Valid First Aid Certification is an asset
- Able to work well and multitask in a fast pace environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Able to read, write, and speak English
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Hearing protection and steel toe shoes required
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Frequently standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while transferring product
- Must operate mobile equipment
- Maneuver heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 30kg (approximately one to two hours a day)
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!