**Looking for part-time, and casual workers to join our team of dynamic, committed Childcare professionals in the community.
SSCS is a leading social service provider in BC’s Sea to Sky Corridor. We provide high quality programs to enhance the lives of residents at every age and stage of life. Our programs include affordable housing, early childhood care and education, youth services, mental health services, senior’s services, community living, homeless outreach, life skills, and a Food Bank. We help create healthy, connected, and diverse communities where everyone can grow, develop, and lead meaningful lives.
- Senior Educator - part-time temporary 25 hrs/wk. Mon-Thurs 8:45am-1:45pm and 3 hrs admin on Fridays. $29.85/hr
- School Aged Child Worker - part-time 17.5 hrs/wk. Mon-Fri 2:30-6pm. 2 positions available. $24.56/hr
- Early Childhood Educator - part-time 20 hrs/wk. Mon-Thurs 8:45am-1:45pm. $25.05/hr
- Childcare Assistant - casual on-call hours. Various locations and hours. This is a great opportunity if you're interested in an on-call, flexible schedule. $24.56/hr
QUALIFICATIONS (for ECE and School Aged Worker):
1. ECE, ECEA, or Responsible Adult Certificate
2. One (1) year recent related work experience.
3. Valid approved first aid certificate.
4. Must be 19 years of age.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SENIOR EDUCATOR:
1. Early Childhood Educator Certificate.
2. HighScope Teacher certification or commitment to complete training.
3. Two (2) years recent related experience.
4. Six (6) months supervisory experience.
5. Valid approved first aid certificate.
6. Must be 19 years of age or older.
8. Criminal record review.
9. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Did you know? Fully qualified Early Childhood Educators will receive an additional $4/hr through the Provincial Wage Enhancement program for all positions posted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Salary: $23.01-$31.74 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- No weekends
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Squamish, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Would you prefer to work with preschool or school-aged children?
- Do you have secure housing in Squamish? Please be advised we don't offer staff housing or offer relocation assistance. We are also unable to sponsor international workers.
- What is your availability to work? Please look at the available positions and let us know what schedule works for you.
How many hours a week and what days and times?
- Which particular position are you most interested in? ECE, Senior Ed, Childcare Assistant, etc?
- Secondary School (required)
- childcare: 1 year (required)
- ECE or ECEA Certificate (preferred)
- Responsible Adult Certificate (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- proof of Covid-19 vaccination? (required)
Work Location: In person