Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently looking for a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our Arctic Engineering group in our Yellowknife office. This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of experienced engineers, technologists, supported by our geotechnical and environmental specialists.
Some of the Responsibilities you may have:
- Performing field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregates, and asphalt concrete including, soil and aggregate sieve analysis, density testing using nuclear density gauges, preparation of Proctors and Marshall molds, asphalt cement content, sand equivalents, Atterberg limits and moisture content, including evaluation and reporting of properties and characteristics
- Assisting in providing quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field testing projects
- Assisting in preparation of field and testing reports
- Completing drilling projects throughout the NWT and Nunavut
- Performing preliminary surveying and construction staking and surveying for quantity control
Qualifications that would make you a great candidate:
- Civil Engineering or Civil Technology diploma
- Some materials testing experience would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working in engineering consulting would be considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License and must provide current drivers abstract when applying, preference will be given to candidates with a clean driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to properly document sampling and testing information in an accurate and timely fashion
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and listening skills
- Good time management skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to contribute to the Practice by being a team player
- Must be willing to travel and work in a field setting away from headquarters
- CSA approved Steel Toed Safety Boots required
- Be physically capable of performing the manual labour duties required
What makes Tetra Tech a great place to work:
- Benefits starting day one of employment. Competitive base salary.
- Eligible for overtime (calculated at 1.5 times) that can be banked or paid out, whatever you prefer. Some of our employees work a lot of hours during the busy times and then take extended time off.
- Hybrid work options when you are not in the field. We'll provide the technology for you to work remotely.
- Tetra Tech employs industry leading technical specialists across all environmental disciplines which promotes a strong mentorship environment and opportunity for technical growth.
- Tetra Tech supports life-long learning and provides an annual allowance for educational opportunities.
- You will be working with an amazing, very supportive team that takes a great amount of pride in our reputation and the phenomenal customer service we are known for.
- Tetra Tech is a global company with over 27,000 employees worldwide. By joining this team, you have access to this network of professionals, experience, opportunities, and corporate benefits (e.g., corporate discounts, stock purchase plan).
- Opportunity for advancement within our environmental group and within Tetra Tech globally.
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required but will be explained during the recruitment process if they are necessary. As this position may be serving clients that have vaccination requirements for site access, we may be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive hourly rate and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.