rooms + spaces, Canada’s newest home store, caters to the modern shopper who is looking to create spaces throughout their home that reflect their unique personality and style. Here is an exciting opportunity to take on a Store Associate position.
We are looking for Store Associates who are eager to help our customers find everything they need to make their home their own. This is an opportunity for you to take on new, diverse set of responsibilities and build on your already strong service skills, in an inclusive, customer-first environment!
- We are Canada’s Home store, offering a broad range of products for every room in the house, tailored to Canadian homes and decorating styles!
- We have everything needed to transform a space, whether it be a house, apartment or cottage, into a home!
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and passionate about customer service.
- Energized by a fast-paced, team-oriented workplace.
- Highly dependable.
- Inspired to create meaningful connections with customers and show them that they are valued.
- Eager to create positive, lasting experiences for our customers and our community.
- While prior retail experience in a similar role is a definite asset, other transferrable skills and experiences may enhance eligibility, e.g., Hospitality industry experience (restaurant, hotel, resort, etc.)
Expectations of a Store Associate
Store Associates at rooms + spaces are cross trained for various associate roles. All Associates work daytime, evening, and weekend shifts. Stock and Fulfillment Associates may work early (6am) or late-night shifts.
All Associates, regardless of role, are expected to warmly welcome and connect with our customers, whether in-store, by phone and online.
- Learn about our products and share your expertise with customers.
- Add to the customer experience by demonstrating items as appropriate.
- Present a full solution to customers, so they leave with everything they need.
- Be friendly and engage with customers while efficiently processing their transactions.
- Suggest value-added items that complement their purchase, so they leave with everything they need.
Customer Service Associate
- Be friendly and engage with customers while processing their transactions, orders and refunds.
- Support cashiers and sales associates.
- Manage break schedules.
- Unload trucks, stock shelves in back room and on sales floor
- Leverage your organizational skills to make merchandise is easy to find.
- Be friendly and engage with our customers when bringing the items to their vehicle.
- Physical work, including lifting up to 50 lbs. and climbing ladders.
- Ensure online orders are picked and packed quickly and accurately.
- Pack merchandise with care to delight our customers.
- Stay organized to ensure no order is missed.
- Physical work including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- On-the-Job Training to support your learning, development and growth
- Great Employee Discount
- Employee Benefits for our part-time team members
- Flexible Schedules
Come grow with us! Apply online now!
- rooms + spaces is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Applicants under consideration for employment will be contacted to participate further in the recruitment process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $16.75 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Department store
- Specialty store
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC V3A 4Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person